Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Taco Soup

Here's a new Crock-Pot recipe that I've created! I forgot to take a picture!

Taco Soup

1 can of corn
1 can of black beans
1 can of red beans
1 can of rotel
2-3 chicken breasts cooked and cubed OR 1lb ground beef cooked and drained
1 cup salsa
2 TBS Taco Seasoning (or to taste for a more mild or spicy flavor)
3 cups of broth/water to cover
Salt and pepper to taste

Dump it all in a crock pot simmer all day! Then serve with chips or over rice or with quesadillas! YUMM!

The Hubbs and I both really enjoyed this and I'll definitely make it again. I though it was a little thin so I might add some wondra or flour to thicken next time depending on how I am serving it. Be warned the rotel makes it a bit spicy so if you like mild try a different canned diced tomato mix.

~LuLu

No comments:

Post a Comment