Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Its Not Neglect

I swear I'm not neglecting the blog... its just that my home computer died... :( I need a new monitor and possibly a new hard drive. Fortunately the old Monitor is under warranty, so that shouldn't be a problem.... Just a pain!

In other more exciting news I have added 2 more raised beds and DOUBLED the size of my garden!! I'm going to put in some more winter crops - Broccoli, Collards, Arugula, Kohlrabi, carrots, radishes, and maybe some more lettuce.

I've been working hard to eat only home grown or farmers market produce. I'm also thinking about how I want to live and eat in the future. I'm leaning towards an all natural diet consisting of lots of veggies, some local fruits, and then eventually transitioning to all home grown or local meats.

The meat transition will be the slowest. I want to start with chickens for eggs, then maybe for meat. I'd also eventually like to raise rabbit for meat. I'm currently working on designing my aquaponics system so I can raise tilapia and hydroponic veggies. I already get my beef from a local farmer and butcher.

Its all just a slow process to set up the self sustainable life I want to lead!

~LuLu

No comments:

Post a Comment