Thursday, October 27, 2011

Homesteading

I have to tell you I've VERY interested in creating a modern homestead, but I have found the books on the subject to be a bit lacking. I understand the authors problem is that they only have so many pages to give you an over view of the whole subject, but there isn't enough information in any one book to teach you to truly become proficient at any of the skills they mention. Don't get me wrong there are some GREAT books that give you an overview and details on each aspect of homesteading, but you can't teach some one to spin their own yarn in one to two pages. Everything I need to know about raising chickens can't be written in 4 pages with pretty colorful pictures.

I guess I'm just complaining that the all in one resources aren't all in one, and that I'm going to have to get out side the quick and easy route to learn more about homesteading as I put what I've learned into practice. Its just annoying that there are so many all in one books and that even though I've read probably 50 all in one books I'll still have to find books one EACH and EVERY individual subject to put it in to practice.

However, on the bright side as I learn more I'll be able to share more with you guys and MAYBE even put video out there walking you through the processes I'm going through.

So I guess I'm still in the beginning of my journey to spend less, grow more, and rely less on others for the needs of me and my family. Don't get me wrong we're not giving up deoderant, electricity, and running water..... just yet ;)

~LuLu

2 comments:

  1. For the love of everything good and holy...please do not give up or go natural for deo...you live in FL...;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I wont! Maybe home made deodorant... or natural ... or organic... but I run WAY to much not to put on deodorant!!

    ReplyDelete